First, make sure you go through Geospatial Literacy section before you participate.
Each day, participants are given a mission to accomplish.
Each mission needs to be completed during the full duration of the given time frame — the time when the targeted satellite for each mission passes by the Los Angeles County (approx. 7- 12 mins).
Document the scene (via image and/or video) that shows your attempt in making your mark.
Submit your documentation by using any of the following methods:
- tweet the image and/or video with the hashtag #bemysatellite
- post the image and/or video on the BeMySatellite Facebook page
- email the image and/or video to email@example.com
With the following information attached:
1. address of the location
2. mission number with time
3. your name
4. short description of your motivation for doing this (optional)
Upon the receipt of your documentation, you will get an email from BeMySatellite with a confirmation ticket that includes:
- Your name with BMS_hack# attached
- Geographic coordinate of your hack with 3 comparative satellite images of your location (from Google, Bing and Yahoo)
Your documentation will then get posted on www.bemysatellite.net